Hi! I’m a game developer and comedy writer based in Brooklyn. If you’re here I’m guessing you either want to learn who I am, contact me, or see some cute Kyle pics. Here's one:
I have many creative things going on right now, including:
- Being Technical Director of the game studio Moving Pieces Interactive, developers of Dodo Peak and the recently announced Shoulders of Giants.
- Contributing writing for funny sites like the Hard Times, Hard Drive, and many other popular comedy publications. You can find a bunch of my writing in the Hard Times book (available at book stores nationwide).
- Performing live sketch comedy around NYC. Before the world fell apart and live theater was destroyed I was a writer on a house sketch team at the world famous Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. That was a really cool thing I'd love to do again someday!
- Giving technical and non-technical talks around the country, including conferences like PAX, Gophercon, and LISA. I used to be an expert at a programming language called Go. These days I teach people Unreal Engine.
- Looking at and thinking about my cat.
I’ve been profiled in Forbes, and one time VICE called me “New York’s Best Goth Comedian.” I was a Tech Lead at Google, but now my day job is making video games. Most children agree it was a good career move.